Support the LB businesses you see here:

Joe Sopo
Joe Sopo, Realtor has his pulse On LB. real estate. Click for info
Carter Wood Floor pic
Carter Wood Floors, a LB company, will restore your wood floor or install a new one. Enhance your home. Click pic.

Pollman's Insurance. Smarter Protection For Today's Risks. Click for info.

Lovelace pic
Bill Lovelace. LB DJ now has 21,000+ songs on computer for instant requests at your event! Click pic for more info.

Mike & Kathi Kowal
Mike & Kathi Kowal know Los Cerritos, Bixby Knolls, Cal Hts. and beyond. Click to learn more

NetKontent Digital Video Cutting Edge Services For The Internet, Broadcast and Multimedia. Click For Info

Ninos's Ristorante: A delicious treasure in Bixby Knolls. Click here if you're hungry or for catering!
3853 Atlantic Ave.

Your E-Mail
Click here

  • Neighborhood Groups/Meetings
  • How To Recall a LB Elected Official
  • Crime Data
  • City Council Agendas
  • Port of LB Agendas
  • E-Mail Your Council member
  • Council District Map
  • LB Parks, Recd & Marine
  • LB Schools
  • LB Airport Watchdog
  • Sacramento
  • Washington
  • References & Archives
  • Lost, Found & Adoptable Pets


    New Operator for Queen Mary? Joe Prevratil Tells City Hall A Firm Is Poised To Acquire All of QSDI's Stock

    (August 20, 2004) -- has learned that Joe Prevratil, President & CEO of Queen's Seaport Development Inc. (City Hall's chosen operator of the Queen Mary under lease with the city), has notified City Manager Jerry Miller that Bandero, LLC, a firm which already owns 24% of QSDI's stock, is exercising an option to acquire the remaining 76% of QSDI stock.

    "They anticipate closing and taking possession of the stock on September 30, 2004; if not sooner, subject to city approval" said Mr. Prevratil in a letter to City Manager Miller.

    "It is my understanding that you will want to set up a meeting as soon as possible to have staff review and discuss with Bandero representatives the Transfer Notice as well as the proposed development plan for the project which they will be delivering at that meeting," Mr. Prevratil's letter says.

    Mr. Prevratil's correspondence, dated August 13 and indicated as hand delivered to City Hall, was not mentioned at the August 17 City Council meeting.

    On August 18, City Hall's Director of Community Development, Melanie Fallon, attached a copy of Mr. Prevratil's letter to a memo to City Manager Miller for Mayor O'Neill and Councilmembers that indicated a "closed session will be scheduled within the next few weeks to update you once we have received more information on Bandero, LLC."

    The memo and its attached correspondence by Mr. Prevratil were provided to by City Hall on request.

    As previously reported by, LB City Hall and QSDI have been embroiled in a dispute over rent. QSDI has basically contended it is entitled to rent credits under its contract with City Hall...and City Hall says QSDI is not entitled to rent credits it's claimed under the contract and instead owes (estimated now roughly) $3 million in rent.

    At last report, discussions on the issue had been held by QSDI and City Hall.

    Developing. Further to follow as we learn it.

    Return To Front Page

    Contact us:


    Copyright © 2004, LLC. All rights reserved. Terms of Use/Legal policy, click here. Privacy Policy, click here