|(December 20, 2020, 7:00 a.m.,11:00 p.m. updated location) -- Long Beach had two shootings within roughly six hours on Saturday Dec. 19. Initial information is sketchy. LBPD overnight Watch Commander Lt. Shaleana Benson provided preliminary information fior LBREPORT.com::
- Dec. 19, 2020: At roughly 3 p.m., a shooting occurred on The Paseo (Pike area, south of Seaside Way); LBPD found evidence of the shooting; the victim self-transported to a hospital.
- Dec. 19, 2020: At roughly 9 p.m., a shooting ocurred in the area of Spring St./Pacikfic Ave. UPDATED LOCATION: LBPD says
"After speaking with the victim [who self transported tro a hospial], officers learned that the shooting took place on the 100 block of East 28th Street (Veterans Park Rec Center/meeting hall] and located a crime scene...(Wrigley area, border CD 6/7.)
Both areas have experienced shootings in recent weeks.
Pike/DTLA and vicinity
- Nov. 11, 2020: man (adult) shot./wounded and male teen with him says he was shot-at in 500 block of E. Shoreline Dr. (roughly Linden Ave., south of the "Elephant Lot"/Covention Ctr surface parking lot.)
- Sept. 19: gunfire in area Shoreline Dr./Pine Ave. following a large fight in the area of Bay Street and Aquarium Way. During the investigation, officers learned that a suspect had pistol whipped a victim, and during their investigation, officers heard what they believed wwere shots being fired east of their location. They found evidence of a shooting in the area of Pine Ave and E. Shoreline Drive but no victims located.
- Aug. 9, 2020: Seaside Way/Cedar Ave., a male juvenile was struck/wounded by gunfire.
- Nov. 5, three people were shot/wounded in the 700 block of Chestnut Ave. (1st dist.) and a few houes later rounds struck an unoccupied vehicle about a mile east in the 700 block of Olive Ave. (1st dist.) near St. Anthony Church.
- Nov. 8, 2020, a man (adult) walking near the area of PCH/Locust says a silver vehicle pulled up alongside him and a man (adult) shot at him and fled the area.)
Wrigley area and vicnity
- Nov, 27,2020, gunfire struck a building in the 200 block of E, 2i9th St. (CD 6 between LB Blvd and Veterans Park.)
- Nov. 27, 2020, a vehicle carrying four people (including two children) was struck by gunfire in the area of 16th St./Linden Ave. (no persons hit) (CD 1).