|Support the LB businesses you see here:
Joe Sopo, Realtor has his pulse On LB real estate. Click for info.
Wedding Entertainment Planning Is His Specialty. Bill Lovelace Delivers Personalized, Wedding Event Services. Get Info, Click Here
Become A Hero To LB Animals With A $20 Membership. Learn About Us, Click Here.
Saving Lives Thru Spay/Neuter & Education
Pollman's Insurance, Classic Or New, Car Or Home, When You Want It Insured, Call Us And Save! Click for info.
Mike & Kathi Kowal know Los Cerritos, Bixby Knolls, Cal Hts. and beyond. Click to learn more
Carter Wood Floors, a LB company, will restore your wood floor or install a new one. Enhance your home. Click pic.
NetKontent Digital Video Cutting Edge Services For The Internet, Broadcast and Multimedia. Click For Info
Ninos Ristorante: A delicious treasure in Bixby Knolls. Click here if you're hungry or for catering!
3853 Atlantic Ave.
How To Recall a LB Elected Official
City Council Agendas
Port of LB Agendas
Planning Comm'n Agendas
E-Mail Your Council member
Council District Map
LB Parks, Rec & Marine
LB Airport Watchdog
References & Archives
Lost, Found & Adoptable Pets
Five Violent Crimes -- 4 Shootings, 1 Stabbing -- Within Five Hours in Parts of LB
(July 19, 2005) -- Within a five hour period from early evening July 18 to shortly after midnight July 19, LB suffered five violent crimes: four shootings and a stabbing. None were fatal...and police are treating three as gang related.
The crimes occurred between 10th St. and 21st St. and Cedar and Gardenia Aves. (1 block west of Cherry). Three were in the 6th Council district, one was in the 1st district and one was where the 2d and 4th Council districts meet.
The events follow an armed robbery shortly before 9 a.m. on July 18 (previously reported by LBReport.com) in an area near downtown LB's Pike (Chestnut/Seaside Way. 2d Council district)...which triggered a five hour-long search for two suspects (currently at large).
Information below is via LBPD Public Information Officer Nancy Pratt:
- July 18, approx. 7:15 p.m., 1100 block E. 21st St. (b/w MLK-Orange) Numerous males and females are standing in front of a residence when suspect fires several rounds at them from across the street. No one is hit; suspect flees. PD is treating as gang related.
- July 18, approx. 11:11 p.m., 1100 block Gardenia (1 bl. west of Cherry): Male, age 37, is riding bicycle south on Gardenia when two male subjects confront him; bicyclist turns to go the other way; suspects fire at him, hitting him in the lower torso. Victim continues riding north to Anaheim St., enters business and summons help. Victim reported in serious but stable condition. Suspects are two male Asians, currently at large. PD is treating as gang related.
- July 19, approx. 12:15 a.m., 2100 block Cedar Ave.: Victim, age 18, is in alley at rear of residence. Two suspects approach and fire shots striking victim who suffers non-life-threatening injuries. Suspects flee on foot, both wearing dark clothing. PD is treating as gang related.
- July 19, approx. 12:22 a.m., area 10th St/Locust Ave.: Group of males and females are outside when suspect emerges from alley nearby, firing numerous rounds at the group. Shots strike a 13 yr-old and an 18 yr-old. Both sustain non-life-threatening injuries. Suspect flees. Circumstances under investigation.
- July 19, approx. 12:45 a.m., 1900 block Locust Ave.: 15 yr-old victim is in alley to the rear of a residence, is approached by suspect who produces a knife. Words are exchanged and the victim is stabbed; PD believe this was domestic in nature.
Anyone with information about these events is asked to contact LBPD's Gang Detail at (562) 570-7370
Return To Front Page
Contact us: mail@LBReport.com