(July 22, 2005. with updates) -- LBReport.com posts below responses we received to our request to title the photo, below, of a tomato that grew on our backyard vine.
If you've got a suggested title, email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We won't pay you but we may post your response. Let us know if you'd like us to post your name with your suggested title.
We'll continue updating our page for a while; check back from time to time, click reload or refresh on your browser to see what you and your neighbors have suggested.
Some emailed responses specifically said their names could be used, so we did. Others, without a specific indication, are posted anonymously. As of 1:30 p.m., July 25:
- Viagra Beats Miracle Grow (submitted by Thomas A. Muntsinger, Bluff Park)
- It would appropriately be named, as it is obvously a boy tomato, "Tom"-ato. (submitted by John Robertson, ELB South of Conant)
- Ripe with anticipation!
- Is that a pickle in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
- This tomato is experiencing an extreme case of "identity crisis." He believes he's a teapot.
- Needs a "Nose job." Great ad for a plastic surgeon.
- Tomanocchio: Lie to it, and it grows bigger! (submitted by Gregg & Trudy, Stratford Square)
- They went thataway [two of these]
- Struck by the "fickle finger of fate!"
- Boy, Long Beach is really growing!
- I'm really happy to see you!"
- Whoa baby, I feel like pollinatin'
- "What air pollution?..."
- The gardener says, "Honey, I think I know where you dropped your Viagra pill..."
- "Honey, I think you should stop nude gardening, even the tomato is noticing..."
- Me llamo Pinocchio
- One tomato a nose below the rest...
- Durante Lives!
- Unsolved Mystery: Richard Nixon reincarnated...
- Eastside right winger
- Only in Long Beach [we don't get this]
- Nosey Tom
- You Say Tomato...I say Weird.
- Must be under the flight path at LGB [we don't get this either]
- Tomatus erectus
- Severe Backup
- I hope it's something in the water (submitted by Amy Clements)
- Honey, it is great to see you after three weeks of nude sun bathing in Cancun.
- El elephante rojo
- Tomato, waiting for the Moyl to show up for the Bris....
- Tomato with no strain relief
- "Tomato on a Stick" (and the stick is edible too)
- Doc, what's this?
- Uh, honey, there is something I have to show you.
- Even Linda Lovelace would have trouble with this thing.
Return To Front Page
Contact us: mail@LBReport.com