Got Household Hazardous Waste? Get Rid Of It Saturday At Hazardous Waste Roundup: Veterans Stadium (Clark @ Conant in ELB), March 29, 9a-3p
(March 28, 2003) -- If you've got household hazardous waste, get rid of it (place, time and rules below) on Saturday at a LB Household Hazardous Waste Round-up:
Location: Veterans Stadium, corner Clark Ave. @ Conant St. (ELB)
Time: Sat. March 29, 9a-3p
A City of LB Energy Dept. web page advises:
- Round-up limits disposal to 15 gallons or 125 pounds of material..
- Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original containers.
- Do not mix products together.
- Never pour hazardous waste down the drain.
- It is against the law to pour hazardous waste into a storm drain.
These items CAN be accepted at the Round-up:
- Used oil
- Paint and paint thinners
- Cleaners with acids or lye
- Weed killer and pesticides
- Car batteries
These items CANNOT be accepted at the Round-up:
- No explosives
- No ammunition
- No radioactive material
For further info, see this City of Long Beach Environmental Services web page , or try the city's hotline at (562) 570-2876.