Support the LB businesses you see here:

Joe Sopo
Joe Sopo, Realtor has his pulse On LB. real estate. Click for info
Carter Wood Floor pic
Carter Wood Floors, a LB company, will restore your wood floor or install a new one. Enhance your home. Click pic.

Lovelace pic
Bill Lovelace. LB DJ now has 21,000+ songs on computer for instant requests at your event! Click pic for more info.

Mike & Kathi Kowal
Mike & Kathi Kowal know Los Cerritos, Bixby Knolls, Cal Hts. and beyond. Click to learn more

NetKontent Digital Video Cutting Edge Services For The Internet, Broadcast and Multimedia. Click For Info

Tank pic
This vehicle in Iraq (courtesy USMC) is well insured. Are you? For auto, home, business, health, boat, motorcycle coverage, call Pollman's Insurance: 24 yrs. in business, 4th generation LB family. Info, click photo

Ninos's Ristorante: A delicious treasure in Bixby Knolls. Click here if you're hungry or for catering!
3853 Atlantic Ave.

Your E-Mail
Click here

  • Neighborhood Groups/Meetings
  • How To Recall a LB Elected Official
  • Crime Data
  • City Council Agendas
  • Port of LB Agendas
  • E-Mail Your Council member
  • Council District Map
  • LB Parks, Recd & Marine
  • LB Schools
  • LB Airport Watchdog
  • Sacramento
  • Washington
  • References & Archives
  • Lost, Found & Adoptable Pets

    Breaking News

    Terry Jensen Endorses Rae Gabelich For 8th Dist. Council

    (May 6, 2004) -- Businessman Terry Jensen, who finished third in last month's 8th district City Council race, has announced he is endorsing Rae Gabelich in the June 8th runoff for the 8th district Council seat now occupied by incumbent Rob Webb.

    "My decision to endorse Rae, which I reached following careful and thoughtful deliberation, is consistent with my principles, my campaign statements and without question is in the best interest of the people that I care about, the residents of the 8th district and the city as a whole," Mr. Jensen said in a release issued by the Gabelich's campaign.

    Mr. Jensen added, "I will be contacting my supporters and contributors to encourage them to join me in the support of Rae's campaign."

    His announcement comes roughly a week after the LB Police Officers Association, which helped unseat 4th district incumbent Dennis Carroll in April, announced it is endorsing Ms. Gabelich to replace Webb in June.

    In the April 13 primary, Mr. Jensen drew 23% of the votes and Ms. Gabelich received 32%....a combined total of 55% of votes cast against the reelection of incumbent Webb who drew barely 40% of votes cast.

    The release quotes Mr. Jensen as saying incumbent Webb "has failed to decisively address the many challenges facing our disrict and the city, including a massive $105 million budget deficit, deferred maintenance, airport expansion, deteriorating commercial properties and growing gang problems and graffiti. That is why it is time for change."

    Ms. Gabelich, who founded the airport monitoring group LBHUSH2 and ran a grassroots campaign stressing neighborhoods and quality of life issues, came within roughly 300 votes of Webb in April. The two face a showdown runoff on June 8.

    As previously reported by, the LB Police Officers Association cited Ms. Gabelich's "history of effective community organizing and keen grasp of the issues facing the 8th District and the City of Long Beach" as the reasons for supporting her candidacy.

    Return To Front Page

    Contact us:


    Copyright © 2004, LLC. All rights reserved. Third parties may cite portions as fair use if attributed to "" (print media) or "Long Beach Report dot com" (electronic media). Terms of Use/Legal policy, click here. Privacy Policy, click here