(October 23, 2003) -- Los Altos resident Patrick O'Donnell made it official today: he's running to unseat 4th district Council incumbent Dennis Carroll in the April 2004 city election.
In a written release, Mr. O'Donnell said "the Fourth District deserves a leader that will work with us, not against us."
Long Beach born and a CSULB alumnus, Mr. O'Donnell teaches middle school social studies, serves as VP of the Los Altos Neighborhood Association South and is a Commissioner on LB's Citizen Police Complaint Commission in addition to other volunteer efforts.
Mr. O'Donnell summarized his priorities if elected as follows:
- Include residents in decisions involving our neighborhoods.
- Prioritize funding for police patrols.
- Prevent the "super-sizing" of the Long Beach Airport.
- Fight wasteful spending, and develop sensible, long-term budget policies.
- Repair our streets and sidewalks.
"We need to send City Hall a message: it is time for a change," Mr. O"Donnell said.
Mr. and Mrs. O'Donnell live in Los Altos and, his release notes, are the proud parents of a one-year-old daughter.